Monday, March 1, 2010

Ramblings & Brownies...again.

Another Monday off.  It was pretty awesome, really. Slept in a little, had a quick breakfast, went to the gym, completed some domestic goddess duties...nice couple days off.  Quite happy that I went to the gym.  Its been a couple weeks since my last visit.  I always feel better when I go but getting my lazy ass to actually go is a bit more challenging.  Im planning to go again tomorrow or Thursday. I have also decided I wickedly prefer weights & lifting to cardio. I want to swim this week...that's cardio I don't mind.

I read over my LLC ppw today, added the info I needed to that and got it sent back out to my lawyer, too.  I was slightly intimidated by the 14 pages, but found I got it...every damn word of it, and that made me feel pretty good.  Does lead to this question though...why is all that bullshit necessary?  Seems to me that the exact same things that she spelled out in legalese could have been much more simply and succinctly stated in plain english.  The terms were common sense enough, and it defined some necessary areas of our partnership that needed it, but all of it could have been just as easily explained in simpler language that wouldn't require an interpreter or 8 year college degree.  I like my lawyer, she's a very nice lady...and I know a couple lawyers that I like quite a bit.  I'm not saying I want any of them out of work, but just seems to me they're are easier ways that wouldnt be quite so tedious to accomplish the same mission. ...so says the chick who will totally & gladly pay the bill when it comes for her lawyer's services!

Have to really get moving on the business plan.  I made a good amount of headway last week the couple nights I worked on it but I've got a few more nights to go before it's near done.  If I get in the zone I can plow through a ton quick...if only I knew how to flip THAT switch!

Ive nicknamed my partner...that way I have something to call her when I mention her ~ J. Simple and easy to type!  So J. & I are meeting Wednesday night to get some planning work done and start laying down some details.  Putting together a map to get from here ---------> there. The sooner the better!

Made another batch of brownies. They came out pretty good. Just about perfect actually.  I had cut the initial recipe in half because I did not NEED a full half sheet tray of brownies. So I decided that an 8x8 pan would be sufficient. Upon further review I was wrong and should have used a 9x13 to get a more even bake.  Texture and flavor were perfect...so I am definitely on the right track.  Have to make them again and see if I can nail it!  Once I'm done with the brownies I'll move on to a potentially brilliant idea for cinnamon rolls.  If these turn out as good as I think they will they will be life-changing.

Then homemade granola bars & croissants.  I'm going to be very busy...and will need eaters for all this shit.  Mister & RK are NOT going to want to have to eat all these test recipes!

Not a bad start to the week.  Last week was actually more good than bad considering what I was prepared for, got alot of shit done on my days off and may have finally captured my Great White Whale brownie recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment