Monday, February 8, 2010

Not really feeling this work thing...

So I decided to blog instead....I'm very lucky in that my computer in my office doesnt allow for surprise walk ups, so I will write.

Have a couple things on my mind today.....

First a general note to all the folks that I have encountered driving in the last 2 days -
  • FUCK YOU!  Learn to drive or stay home - those of us that arent complete idiots when it snows in the Burgh would rather not die because you have no idea what the fuck you are doing.
  • HEADLIGHTS! Seems simple enough, right? The weather is shit & its horrid out so you should have them on so others can see you.  Apparently half the population of the city didnt get that memo.
  • There are these magical blinking lights controlled by a stem that comes off your steering column.  You make them work by pushing up or down on said stem.  These are called "turn signals" and they let the other people on the road know what you are planning to do.
  • Slamming on your breaks on ice or snow is a BAD idea.  This is how you skid, slide, spin & just loose control of your car.  Again-dont know what the fuck youre doing stay home!!!
  • And to all the toolbags that have a 4x4 and think that this makes them invincible - YOU ARE WRONG. I drive a 4x4 and ya know it doesnt help for shit when you are trying to stop or slow down.  Quit driving like dick bags - it makes us all look bad & I would revoke your membership card for the "We Drive Cool Trucks & Stuff" Club if I could - you all suck.
  • Last but far from least...a sincere note to every asshole I saw out driving yesterday afternoon & today who was chatting away & texting on their cell phones while negotiating treacherous roads at best - a) you are not that fucking important-if you were you wouldnt be driving yourself around & you could chat on the phone all day. b) I swear to all thats holy that if one of you wrecks into or causes me to wreck due to your complete inability to pay attention to the road I will ram that phone so far up your ass you'll be answering it with your tongue. and c) if some one in a red Jeep all of a sudden rams you like its a Demolition Derby outta nowhere - thats probably me and thats my subtle way of telling your self important ass to HANG UP THE FUCKING PHONE YOU TOOLBAG!
If anyone reading could please pass along these helpful tips to those who may need it I would appreciate it.  In the mean time I'm going to go install a crash cage on my front end and start just ramming people.  I know this is counter productive, but if they dont have a car they cant hurt anyone else.  It amazes me people forget they are driving machines that are heavy & can cause epic destruction to people & property when improperly operated.  Its not a toy, folks.  Its a gigantic piece of fast moving heavy machinery-give it the respect it is due...or dont get pissed when I run you off the road :-)

I think tonight is the night I go for it and spend the money on Quickbooks so I can get my financials going for my coffee shop.  I need to quit being so lazy and just get this done.  I seem to have myself deluded into believing that I cant do anything until I help Capt Chaos get this next place together...or maybe I guess more realistically I find this job so draining at times that I have a hard time mustering the motivation to do it once Im home from here.  Bottom line is I cant let that get me down and have to make this happen for myself or it isnt going to happen.  I always seem to find the time to do frivolous & entertaining things, but sitting down and actually getting my business on paper is really frustrating.  I think part of it is that Ive never done this before so its a daunting task and the other part is that Im all about the DOING and not so much about the PLANNING. I know what i want to do, I know what needs to be done to do it...but I dont think Ill be able to walk into a bank and say " I swear to god I totally know what im doing here, Im just really busy. So why dont you just go ahead and give me $300G to get this off the ground and I promise, cross my heart & hope to die, that Ill pay you back".  Something tells me that no matter how much cleavage I show thats not going to happen so my best bet is to just do the work and get it done.  Unless, of course,  any of you happen to know someone who's willing to give me $300G and who will give it to me based on my expertise in the art of bullshitting, an excellent resume and a great boob shirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment